Calendar feature for staff leave

Posted by RichardWalsh on 06-May-2014 07:14

I have been asked by a customer for this calendar feature

"can we add another event to the drop down list in the calendar please? This will be to identify staff on leave. I would like to be able to colour code each member of staff and be able to show the days away at a glance by identifying them in some way  a bit like outlook if possible."

I think this is a little difficult to achieve.I have created an object called "Staff Leave" which is an 'event' and so appears in the Calendar at the creation date. I have given default values to the standard event fields and added other fields

Leave from, Leave to and a staff member picklist. However even when getting the Record Name template to contain all 3 fields only a limited amount shows on the calendar from page view.

Any other ideas or is it just now achievable at present?

Thanks for any input.

Richard

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 06-May-2014 08:22

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? Display the complete 3 fields on the calendar? Something else?

Posted by RichardWalsh on 06-May-2014 08:41

Hello Laurent

Displaying the complete 3 fields would be better than I currently have. Is there any standard way to make an event 'repeating' and appear each day between 2 dates ? Thanks. Richard

[collapse]
To: "TU Rollbase" <TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 6 May, 2014 2:23:32 PM
Subject: RE: Calendar feature for staff leave

Reply by Laurent

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? Display the complete 3 fields on the calendar? Something else?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Laurent on 06-May-2014 11:02

I checked, and I'm afraid Rollbase doesn't allow you to either have repeating events or display the complete 3 fields. The only thing I can do is to file an Idea on community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

Posted by RichardWalsh on 06-May-2014 11:05

Thanks for looking into that for me Laurent. 
Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 May 2014, at 17:02, "Laurent" <bounce-lpoulain@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Laurent

I checked, and I'm afraid Rollbase doesn't allow you to either have repeating events or display the complete 3 fields. The only thing I can do is to file an Idea on community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

Posted by Santosh Patel on 06-May-2014 11:43

Hi Richard,

I'm wondering if we can do some javascript hack to help you out here. Could you come up with some specifics maybe screenshots on how it currently looks and how you would want it to look?

Thanks,

Santosh

Posted by kiran kumar Angara on 07-May-2014 05:46

Hi Richard,

I think for repeating events we can make use of 'Recurring Events' option in 'More Actions' drop down in Record Information Page.

I hope this will help you :-)

Thanks & regards,

Kiran Avs.

Posted by RichardWalsh on 07-May-2014 06:18

Hi Kiran
Thanks very much. I'll try that out and see how I get on.
Richard

On 7 May 2014, at 11:47, "kangara" <bounce-kangara@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by kangara

Hi Richard,

I think for repeating events we can make use of 'Recurring Events' option in 'More Actions' drop down in Record Information Page.

I hope this will help you :-)

Thanks & regards,

Kiran Avs.

Posted by RichardWalsh on 09-May-2014 09:58

Hi Santosh
Thanks for that offer . I don't think the customer has thought this through properly yet. 
If they can clarify the details I will get back to you. Meanwhile I will try the repeating events feature I have been pointed towards.
Thanks again
Richard

On 6 May 2014, at 17:43, "Santosh Patel" <bounce-sapatel@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Santosh Patel

Hi Richard,

I'm wondering if we can do some javascript hack to help you out here. Could you come up with some specifics maybe screenshots on how it currently looks and how you would want it to look?

Thanks,

Santosh

This thread is closed