How can we show or hide View page to the users based on role

Posted by Sudhakar on 02-May-2014 14:22

HI all,

Can any one here tell me how can we assign view pages to the users based on the user role and based on user ID.

Foe ex:: i have 3 View pages names as follows
employee(Account)
Employee(Admin)
Employee(management)

i want to assign employee(Account) page to the users who role is accountant

Employee(Admin) Page to the users whose role is Admin

Employee(management) to the users x,y,z (x,y,z contains management role Note::a.b.c also contains management role but Employee(management)  page should be assign to only x,y,z users)..

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

All Replies

Posted by grosener@dmsi.com on 02-May-2014 15:08

Go to Administration Setup --> Select Roles --> Select the Pages link for a specific Role.  This will take you to the "Assign Page Versions" per Role page.  To assign this by user select a user and go to their view page --> Select More Actions --> Assign Pages

Posted by Sudhakar on 02-May-2014 15:36

Thanks for your info [mention:7c35cbbbe8a44fd3a7fdfeca59be8ca8:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]  ,it is very help full to me.

Can you pls give me an idea on the following things,it will be more help full to me

1.How can i see the list of roles and list of users assigned to specific View page

2.let us consider i have employee(main) view page assigned to account role( having 10 users),admin role (having 5 users) roles. If i want to add one extra section to  the list of specific users(1 user from account role and 2 users from admin role) ,how can i achieve this(is there any possibility with out creating one more view page and adding the new page to the list specific users)

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

This thread is closed