Other columns as a link aside from the record name

Posted by lCira9 on 01-May-2014 20:27

How do you make a column clickable such that when it is clicked it goes to the view record the same as clicking the record name? As far as I know, the only clickable columns are: record name, website, email, updated by.

All Replies

Posted by Robert McDonald on 01-May-2014 20:45

not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but have you taken a look at record name templates?

Sent via a really tiny keyboard

[collapse]
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM -0700, "lCira9" <bounce-lCira9@community.progress.com> wrote:

Thread created by lCira9

How do you make a column clickable such that when it is clicked it goes to the view record the same as clicking the record name? As far as I know, the only clickable columns are: record name, website, email, updated by.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by lCira9 on 01-May-2014 21:02

I just want to make the PO a link that will go to the view page of the record, which is the same as clicking the record name to go to the view page. No, I haven't taken look at record name templates.

Posted by Robert McDonald on 01-May-2014 21:30

Take a look, I think it will give you what you're looking for. 

[collapse]
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM -0700, "lCira9" <bounce-lCira9@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by lCira9

I just want to make the PO a link that will go to the view page of the record, which is the same as clicking the record name to go to the view page. No, I haven't taken look at record name templates.

[/collapse]

Posted by lCira9 on 01-May-2014 22:23

Thanks! I got what I wanted.

Posted by RichardWalsh on 02-May-2014 02:37

I have not found any way to do this. The only other column/row cells that become clickable are those where you have declared a relationship. Clicking those cells will not take you to the record, of course, but rather to the related record.
For this reason I always put the record name (or combination of fields I have used in the record name template) on the left hand side next to  Edit and Delete. Then, by convention, the user knows its Edit then Delete then View. If you leave the record name out of the view you will specifically get the word View as a link.
It would be good if a whole line could be highlighted and a simple enter key take you to view the record (or similar )
Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 May 2014, at 03:04, "Robert McDonald" <bounce-rmcdonal@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Robert McDonald
not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but have you taken a look at record name templates?

[collapse]
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM -0700, "lCira9" <bounce-lCira9@community.progress.com> wrote:

Thread created by lCira9

[/collapse]

This thread is closed