Record Is Locked error on different OE service objects

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 24-Apr-2014 04:35

Hi,

I have a couple of objects created from OE service in different applications. When one user is in edit mode for one record, a different user editing a record on a different object gets a 'Record is Locked' error with the id of the first record.

As example:

user A is in edit mode of record 1 of object O1

user B tries to update record 99 of object O9 and gets the error 'The "1" record is currently in use by A"'. Both users have administrator permissions (I tried also with different roles but same issue appears).

Is it a problem from both objects beeing created from OE services? I noticed that this happens only in this case.

Thank you.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 24-Apr-2014 06:22

Locking like this does not seem like it should happen.  I did reproduce it as well on Rollbase 2.1 -- there is a defect reported for this. I would recommend going to Customer Support and reporting it officially with your customer serial number to get this prioritized, and to report the version/environment you are using.)

Posted by Bill Wood on 24-Apr-2014 06:58

FYI... I understand that this is a known issue and it has been fixed.  I am unsure when the fix will be rolled out, however.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 20-Jun-2014 06:24

Logged the issue to support and it seems to be a fixed bug in 3.0 version

This thread is closed