creating progress openedge object in rollbase using data-dir

Posted by Rajinder Kamboj on 17-Apr-2014 07:08

hello,

How I can create progress open edge object in rollbase using data-direct cloud.

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 17-Apr-2014 07:25

Hi Rajinder,

Rollbase provides a path to create a new object using Data Direct Cloud (D2C) service. To create D2C object in Rollbase user should have valid D2C credentials and a valid connection name.

Step 1: Creating a datasource connection in D2C

Step 2: Creating a New Object in Rollbase using Data Direct Cloud service

Step 1: Creating a datasource connection in D2C

1) Login to Data Direct Cloud (www.datadirectcloud.com) with valid credentials. Progress pacific console page will be displayed.

2) Click on “Connect with Data Direct Cloud”. Data Direct Cloud dashboard page will be displayed.

3) Click on Data Sources tab. Available data stores list will be displayed.

4) Click on Progress OpenEdge Icon. “Create Progress OpenEdge Data Source” dialog will be displayed.

5) Enter your desired connection name (Ex: OEConnection) and enter valid OpenEdge db account details in “Create Data Source” dialog

6) Now click on Save and Test. Make sure that connection is successful. Now D2C OpenEdge connection is ready.

Step 2: Creating a New Object in Rollbase using Data Direct Cloud service:

1) Login to Rollbase (www.progress.com/.../rollbase) with valid credentials. Progress pacific console page will be displayed.

2) Click on “Build Apps with Rollbase”.  Progress Rollbase home page will be displayed.

3) Click on “New App”.

4) Choose “A new Application (from scratch) ” or User can choose desired option. Click on “Create”.

5) Enter any Application name  (Ex: abc) then click on Save.

6) Click on + to create new object.

7) Select “A new Object (with Tab) From an External Metadata”. Click on Create.

8) Select “Data Direct Cloud” option then click on Next.

9) Enter Data Direct Cloud Credentials and enter above created connection name (Step 5 in before section) as Data Source field value. Click on Next.

10) Choose any table from “Select Table” drop down menu.

11) Enter values in other required fields. Click on “Create Object”.

12) Select any Primary key. Some system field’s type will be “None” by default. These fields will not be created in Rollbase. Change the type to “None” if you don’t want to create that field. Click on “Create Fields”.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Bill Wood on 17-Apr-2014 07:56

The documentation is pretty good on DataDirect Cloud integration with Rollbase. OpenEdge is just one data source possible.

The first thing to do is to start a d DataDirect Cloud account with OpenEdge. I would recommend the DataDirect Cloud On-premise Connector option though (otherwise you need to have SSL on your OpenEdge DB which adds some complexity).

Have you set up and tested an OpenEdge on-premise datasource and tested it with the DataDirect Cloud SQL Tester ? You should start there (and look in the DataDirect Cloud community for advice and questions on that). =

Posted by Rajinder Kamboj on 18-Apr-2014 00:03

Hi,

Help me to fill these entries as I am unable to ''save and test ' it..

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 18-Apr-2014 00:08

Hi Rajinder,

Please follow the below documnetation.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Rajinder Kamboj on 19-Apr-2014 13:16

Hi All,

While update and test I get this error msg . How I can get out of this error.

Thanks. 

Posted by Bill Wood on 19-Apr-2014 13:50

DataDirect Cloud only uses SSL if you connect directly to the OpenEdge DB. If you wish to go this route, then you have to enable SSL (which also involves providing valid certificate) when you start your SQL server for OpenEdge.

Personally, i would recommend not doing the direct connect from DataDirect Cloud and instead using DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector.

You may want to post questions on the DataDirect Cloud forum while you are having trouble with the non-Rollbase section. More experts in DataDirect Cloud configuration monitor that forum. (Though we will certainly do our best to support you here. ;-)

To set up SSL for OpenEdge (if you really want to go that route) you should check up the the OpenEdge documentation and the k-base. I know there are some good entries on this on the knowledge base.

This thread is closed