RTL GUI Suppor

Posted by rami.its on 29-Mar-2014 16:30

Hi... I'm evaluating Rollbase for developing new enterprise solutions for my firm. I would like to know if Rollbase GUI supports RTL user interface (Arabic or Hebrew) and if yes, is this support a standard one or requires additional customized efforts.

Thanks

Posted by Gary Clink on 01-Apr-2014 09:43

Hi Rami,

Is this for the hosted version of Rollbase or on premise?

The hosted version supports the following languages only and unfortunately Arabic and Hebrew are not currently supported: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.

If you go for the private cloud version (I.e. you host Rollbase yourself on your own server) then it is possible to add additional languages.

The application itself including the underlying database is UTF-8 based (i.e. Unicode) and so can indeed store bi-di data but things such as the labels, menus, etc will continue to appear to the left of the fields and window rather than on the right.  This may or may not be a problem for you.

Depending on the particular project that you have in mind for this it may be possible to do some work to help you get a solution suitable for your needs but this of course depends on timelines, project scope, etc.

Sorry it's not a more positive answer for you Rami.

Gary (שָׁלוֹם & سَلاَم)

All Replies

Posted by Gary Clink on 01-Apr-2014 09:43

Hi Rami,

Is this for the hosted version of Rollbase or on premise?

The hosted version supports the following languages only and unfortunately Arabic and Hebrew are not currently supported: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.

If you go for the private cloud version (I.e. you host Rollbase yourself on your own server) then it is possible to add additional languages.

The application itself including the underlying database is UTF-8 based (i.e. Unicode) and so can indeed store bi-di data but things such as the labels, menus, etc will continue to appear to the left of the fields and window rather than on the right.  This may or may not be a problem for you.

Depending on the particular project that you have in mind for this it may be possible to do some work to help you get a solution suitable for your needs but this of course depends on timelines, project scope, etc.

Sorry it's not a more positive answer for you Rami.

Gary (שָׁלוֹם & سَلاَم)

This thread is closed