Rollbase CRM Application

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 26-Mar-2014 14:28

Hi. Has anyone on here used the Rollbase CRM application? Or better yet, ported their Salesforce CRM to the Rollbase CRM? How does it compare? Thanks.

Posted by grosener@dmsi.com on 27-Mar-2014 17:18

Jeff,

We are in the process of porting from Salesforce to Rollbase including case management.  Rollbase does not have an Email to Case equivalent.  Rollbase does have some level of gmail integration that we may be able to capitalize on.  On initial review, Rollbase's gmail integration appears to handle communication that is initiated from Rollbase to a contact but not visa versa.  The gmail integration doesn't help us with what we know as "Email to Case" automatically getting the initial support request email from a customer contact pushed into a Case object record.  I suspect we'll be writing code for this part.  I should have more to come on this soon!

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 27-Mar-2014 08:54

Anyone?

Posted by Kinga Janca on 27-Mar-2014 08:57

There is a tool to migrate Force.com based application to Rollbase, is that what you are looking for?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 27-Mar-2014 09:03

No. I aware of that tool.

I am wondering if anyone has used the Rollbase CRM application, what they think of it, and how it compares to the SF CRM.

Jeff Ledbetter
Roundtable Product Architect

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:57 AM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: Rollbase CRM Application

Reply by kdomansk

There is a tool to migrate Force.com based application to Rollbase, is that what you are looking for?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Dawn Friedel on 27-Mar-2014 09:07

Are you are looking for a comparison of Rollbase's CRM application  to Salesforce from a feature\use perspective?

If so, the Rollbase CRM application includes core functionality of a basic customer relationship management system by providing a central place for basic sales, marketing, and support information.  I believe it is meant to be a starting point and to be customized and enhanced to meet the needs of  specific organizations.  You can certainly import Salesforce data into it and go from there.

Not sure if that helps you.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 27-Mar-2014 09:23

Hi.

Yes, I am aware of that.

I was wonder if anyone had actually used the Rollbase CRM as I had further questions for anyone that has.

Jeff Ledbetter
jeff.ledbetter@roundtable-software.com

[collapse]
From: dfriedel [mailto:bounce-dfriedel@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:08 AM

Reply by dfriedel

Are you are looking for a comparison of Rollbase's CRM application  to Salesforce from a feature\use perspective?

If so, the Rollbase CRM application includes core functionality of a basic customer relationship management system by providing a central place for basic sales, marketing, and support information.  I believe it is meant to be a starting point and to be customized and enhanced to meet the needs of  specific organizations.  You can certainly import Salesforce data into it and go from there.

Not sure if that helps you.

[/collapse]

Posted by Dawn Friedel on 27-Mar-2014 09:52

I've used various CRM system's but not Salesforce specifically.  I did find this review from someone who made the conversion back in 2011 readwrite.com/.../one-comment-i-hear-regularly

Is there something particular you are looking for?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 27-Mar-2014 10:55

Hi.

Is there something particular you are looking for?”

We use SF for our case management - specifically the “Email to Case” feature. I looked at the Rollbase CRM last year but didn’t see the equivalent. I was curious if this exists and I overlooked it, or if it would be something I would have to try and build in.

Jeff Ledbetter
jeff.ledbetter@roundtable-software.com

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:53 AM

Reply by dfriedel

I've used various CRM system's but not Salesforce specifically.  I did find this review from someone who made the conversion back in 2011 readwrite.com/.../one-comment-i-hear-regularly

[/collapse]

Posted by Gary Clink on 27-Mar-2014 11:10

Hey Jeff,

Case management isn’t in the Rollbase CRM app directly.  Rather, It’s focused on Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, etc rather than on cases (so more from the view of the sales process rather than technical support).  Having said that you can easily extend it to include those additional objects. 

If I were you I would be really sneaky by simply basing the additional objects on the ones you find in SFDC.  They may not come out of the box with Rollbase but they can be added very simply.  Personally I would create a spreadsheet (which you can dump from SFDC) of the structure and data of the objects you need and then load it into Rollbase using the import feature, it’s much faster than creating each object by hand.

Hope that helps.

[collapse]
From: Jeff Ledbetter [mailto:bounce-jeffledbetter@community.progress.com]
Sent: 27 March 2014 15:56

Reply by Jeff Ledbetter
Hi.

Is there something particular you are looking for?”

We use SF for our case management - specifically the “Email to Case” feature. I looked at the Rollbase CRM last year but didn’t see the equivalent. I was curious if this exists and I overlooked it, or if it would be something I would have to try and build in.

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:53 AM

Reply by dfriedel

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by grosener@dmsi.com on 27-Mar-2014 17:18

Jeff,

We are in the process of porting from Salesforce to Rollbase including case management.  Rollbase does not have an Email to Case equivalent.  Rollbase does have some level of gmail integration that we may be able to capitalize on.  On initial review, Rollbase's gmail integration appears to handle communication that is initiated from Rollbase to a contact but not visa versa.  The gmail integration doesn't help us with what we know as "Email to Case" automatically getting the initial support request email from a customer contact pushed into a Case object record.  I suspect we'll be writing code for this part.  I should have more to come on this soon!

This thread is closed