JSON value of ProDataset or temp-table parameter is invalid

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 26-Mar-2014 07:47

Hi,

This is an error I receive in certain situations when using OE service Rollbase objects:

- Edit inline a field from a child record (in the view page of the parent)

- Change a parent id from update child

I wasn't able to track down a flow for this and does not happen for all objects. Maybe we can have a topic with possible cases and solutions.

Also, is it possible to view the json from the request Rollbase makes?

Thank you

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 26-Mar-2014 08:21

Hi Mihai,

As per the given error code, ABL Business logic at the OpenEdge service is expecting a JSON as Input or Output parameter and Rollbase is giving an invalid JSON request.

- You can find more details in the OpenEgde Appserver log files (say restbroker1.broker.log, restbroker1.server.log).
- Also, add logging level in respective application (OpenEdge Service) at the server side (in OE Webserver) such that more information is shown in the application log file (WEB-INF/adapters/logs/<app name>.log). Modify the logginglevel value to 4 (default value is 2) in runtime.props file (<Project Dir>/REST Content/WEB-INF/adapters/runtime.props)

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Posted by Bill Wood on 26-Mar-2014 09:10

Another option is to add a network monitor (like tcpmon -- which incidently comes in PDSOE as well) and go through that.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 26-Mar-2014 10:44

Hi,

Thank you for the answers. I found the json sent by Rollbase in tomcat directory - webapps\<service>WEB-INF\adapters\logs

This thread is closed