Does grid control works on OE service objects?

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 26-Mar-2014 06:49

Hi,

I added two rollbase objects from OE service. I am using a dataset with two temp-tables related. In Rollbase when viewing the parent page I can see the related records but on edit the grid control is not filled with the records related.

Thank you

Posted by Sopna on 02-Apr-2014 05:56

Thanks Mihai for confirming. There is an issue with Grid Control for OE Service object. I have logged an Enhancement for the same.

Thanks,

Sopna.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Mar-2014 19:35

Can you clarify a little about what you are doing, please?    I assume you have a single JSDO Catalog with two resources.    I don't quite understand how these are two temp-tables in a single ProDataSet.    Is it really a single dataset?  

Can you share a screenshot of the problem as well?

Thanks.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 01-Apr-2014 06:29

Hi Bill,

Yes, I am having two tables related in the same dataset from which I create two related Rollbase objects. I have the same read function for view and edit of an article in this case (I made a small example below). In view page of an article I can see the related unpairs. The question I have is in the edit page of the article where I added a grid control - no data is filled.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 01-Apr-2014 06:32

Posted by Bill Wood on 01-Apr-2014 08:30

Thanks, Mihai, for the additional information.  This is an area I don't really know.  Someone will look into it.

But from the pictures, it does seem that you can Add/Delete/Edit the child records themselves (from the View page for the parent), and you can edit the Parent record in its own Edit page.

For OpenEdge Service Objects, the two tables are separate entities, so there may be a practical limitation of being able to treat these as a single transaction.  (That is, if you editted a child record and saved it, but then CANCELLED out of the parent, the child would still be saved.)

Posted by Sopna on 02-Apr-2014 04:59

Hi Mihai,

I looked into this and understood in Parent View page you have used 'View(Related Records)' component with appropriate Filters, where as in Parent Edit page you have used 'Grid Control' component. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can you provide me with the Filter query you have used in the view.

And also it looks like a bug in Grid Control.

Thanks,

Sopna.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 02-Apr-2014 05:34

Hi Sopna,

I have on the view page a View(related records) and on edit page a grid control. For this test I haven't used a filter, on read method from BusinessEntity I am creating the same records each time, so I am sending the same information for view and for edit.

Posted by Sopna on 02-Apr-2014 05:56

Thanks Mihai for confirming. There is an issue with Grid Control for OE Service object. I have logged an Enhancement for the same.

Thanks,

Sopna.

This thread is closed