Lookup Selector Style Configuration

Posted by eric.gray@progressprogrammer.ca on 22-Mar-2014 13:52

Is there a point of configuration in Rollbase for the Selector style Lookup to display the current value in the fill-in instead of underneath?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Mar-2014 04:14

No, this is not achievable today.

If possible, this would work only for single related values. In case of multiple values, how do you reckon such a configuration should work?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 29-Mar-2014 09:40

I might have a possible solution for you. Add the following code to your Application's Footer; Goto > Applications Setup > Applications > Particular application > More Actions Drop down > Header and Footer

Add it to the footer

<script>

$('input[ismultiple][ismultiple=false]').each(function() {

var mId = this.id.split('txt')[1];

var myDiv = $('div[id=rtable_' + mId + ']');

myDiv.css('position','relative');

myDiv.css('top','-29px');

});

</script>

Explanation : ismultiple would take care of doing this for only one-2-one relationships. Also takes care of instances where one has changed the integration names for the lookup fields involved.

P.S: Adjust actual CSS as required. Current one just positions it inside the Input field.

Regards,

Santosh

All Replies

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Mar-2014 04:14

No, this is not achievable today.

If possible, this would work only for single related values. In case of multiple values, how do you reckon such a configuration should work?

Posted by eric.gray@progressprogrammer.ca on 27-Mar-2014 01:36

I was hoping to use the selector this way for single related values. I would not expect it to work in the case of multiple values.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 29-Mar-2014 09:40

I might have a possible solution for you. Add the following code to your Application's Footer; Goto > Applications Setup > Applications > Particular application > More Actions Drop down > Header and Footer

Add it to the footer

<script>

$('input[ismultiple][ismultiple=false]').each(function() {

var mId = this.id.split('txt')[1];

var myDiv = $('div[id=rtable_' + mId + ']');

myDiv.css('position','relative');

myDiv.css('top','-29px');

});

</script>

Explanation : ismultiple would take care of doing this for only one-2-one relationships. Also takes care of instances where one has changed the integration names for the lookup fields involved.

P.S: Adjust actual CSS as required. Current one just positions it inside the Input field.

Regards,

Santosh

Posted by eric.gray@progressprogrammer.ca on 03-Apr-2014 00:44

Thank you Santosh. This works.

This thread is closed