Event records created by "Guest" won't sync to

Posted by tsarch on 13-Mar-2014 17:02

Hey there,

I have an object that has the Event property and is set to sync with Google Calendar.

If I create a record within Rollbase, the event is correctly synched Google Cal.

However, if a portal Guest creates the event, the event is not synched. I need this to work.

I've tried updating records created by Guest with other accounts from within RB, but those changes still don't initiate the calendar synchronization.

Any workarounds?

All Replies

Posted by tsarch on 13-Mar-2014 17:26

update:

still haven't figured it out... but tried something else.

On page 337 of "Rollbase in Action" PDF, it says:

"Second, make sure that “Synch Calendar” box is checked on your Personal Settings page (see Section 6.1 above). From this point on Rollbase will automatically update your Google calendar every time an event assigned to you is created or updated."

So, I set a trigger to run "After Create" on Guest-created event records to "Assign" the event/record to the RB user that is setup for Google Calendar sync properly. The trigger properly populates thee "Assigned To" field properly, but the event still won't sync to google.

Looks like it's supposed to sync to google as soon as an event is "assigned to" the user but that's not working...

Thanks for any help!

Posted by Jean Richert on 17-Mar-2014 06:12

Hi tsarch, I have noticed your question hasn't been answered yet. I'll check if someone could quickly jump into it.

Posted by Laurent on 17-Mar-2014 12:27

tsarch, are you using Rollbase Private Cloud or Hosted Cloud? If the latter, could you tell me the precise last date and time when the synchronization should have happened but did not?

Posted by tsarch on 17-Mar-2014 13:57

I'm in the hosted cloud.

03/13/2014 05:22 PM

"CNC Job" object, ID 93393300

Thanks for taking a look into this!

Posted by Laurent on 17-Mar-2014 14:25

When I look at the logs (I assume you are The DOL) I do see the event, but no error:

[2014-03-13 17:21:13,212] Trigger "Assign Event to DOL Manager for Google Sync" has been created.

[2014-03-13 17:22:24,610] Email message 'Alert: New CNC Job Submitted' has been sent

Was this a synchronization that succeeded or fail? If the latter, could you give me a date and time when the synchronization succeeded? If the former a date / time when it failed?

Posted by tsarch on 19-Mar-2014 11:59

Synchronization works for any CNC Job whose creator is *not* Guest. Works every time correctly, and any changes are properly reflected in Google...

Posted by tsarch on 24-Mar-2014 13:35

lpoulain,

I still can't find an instance when a record was created by "Guest" that ever synched with Google. Can you?

Posted by Laurent on 25-Mar-2014 08:25

Can you tell me the time where a record was created by not synced with Google?

This thread is closed