Paging in Rollbase

Posted by anshikav on 11-Mar-2014 02:46

I want to create a screen with 50 fields but I don't want  all of them to  be displayed on the single page.

I want display layout  like this -

There should be two pages such that 1st page having 25 fields only with a next button so that when we click on next button it should display another page with rest of the 25 fields and save button to save all 50 fields at once.

All Replies

Posted by murali on 11-Mar-2014 03:31

I’m assuming its an Edit Page of a huge object ( 50 fields does sound like a lot. I would advise you to consider refactoring and breaking it up into smaller objects. )

I think what you want to achieve is

I want to create a screen with 50 fields but I don't want  all of them to  be displayed at the same time. ...   save button to save all 50 fields at once”

One way to achieve this may be :
1) Compose the page such that you arrange your fields into 2 sections.  25 in one and 25 in another.
2) Note the Section ID of the sections ( on Edit page.. select the Section and look at top left pane )
3) Add a third Section with a script component with a bit of jquery code to toggle the visibility of your sections on click.
                Something like :
<script>

$('#testdiv').on('click', function () {
  $('#rbi_S_7221').toggle();  // this is how you address a section with id
  $('#rbi_S_6728').toggle();
})

$(function () {
  $('#rbi_S_7221').hide();  // begin with one of the sections hidden.
});

</script>

[collapse]