List of Portal Visitor Users

Posted by Ryan Canja on 04-Mar-2014 22:50

Hi Rollbase,

Is there a way for me to query and list all the Portal Visitor Users? Like the way, listing of the business users? My main objective is to list all the portal visitor users for me to control the reset password. I wanted to disable from the Postal Visitor page the reset password link and only the admin user can reset the password like the way of resetting passwords for the business users. 

Let me know the best way to handle this in Rollbase. Looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

ryan

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 07-Mar-2014 00:13

Hi,

I am attaching the screen shot which explains Create App -> Create Object of type Portal Visitor-> Create Tab and that tab will show list of records.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Sorry for the delay :)
Thanks and Regards,
Chandra.

All Replies

Posted by cgontla1 on 05-Mar-2014 00:25

The object in which you enabled portal visitor will have a list view where you can see all portal visitor users. Means, you will find list of portal visitors in that object's tab.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Posted by Ryan Canja on 05-Mar-2014 04:04

Hi cgontla1,

Can you elaborate this further? I'm exploring my entire object and I can't find what are you referring to. I'm using a 4.8 version of RB.

Many thanks!

Posted by Ryan Canja on 05-Mar-2014 04:57

Hi cgontla1,

Can you elaborate this further? I'm exploring my entire object and I can't find what are you referring to. I'm using a 4.8 version of RB.

Many thanks!

Posted by Ryan Canja on 05-Mar-2014 20:00

Following up on this...

Posted by cgontla1 on 06-Mar-2014 01:49

Please create one tab for that object in which portal visitor is enabled and configure that tab in any application then navigate to that tab, you can see list of all portal visitors.

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Mar-2014 02:16

I did as per instruction, but still failed to see the list you are referring to. Is it possible for you to provide a snapshot of every step you mentioned? As well as the output.

I really appreciated your help. Thank you!

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 07-Mar-2014 00:13

Hi,

I am attaching the screen shot which explains Create App -> Create Object of type Portal Visitor-> Create Tab and that tab will show list of records.
Sorry for the delay :)
Thanks and Regards,
Chandra.

Posted by Ryan Canja on 07-Mar-2014 02:24

Hi,

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I got it now. I did the same as you did actually, I just expect for something more. Anyway, I'm good with this already.

Though, I have a follow question related to this post. Is there a way for the administrator role user to reset the password of the portal visitor user? This is actually my main purpose of posting this query. Please advise the way to handle it.

I wish for your prompt response.

Cheers,

--

ryan

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 07-Mar-2014 04:17

Yes,

As administrator role we can change the password of the portal visitor user.

To achieve that,

Navigate to portal visitor object list page.

Click on Edit any record.

Click on "Edit this page" link at top right of record edit page.

It will navigate to Edit page of the "Edit record"

Form Available components drag and drop the "Login Name" and "Password" fields to the edit page and click on "Save"

Now onwards, From Edit page of record we can change the password of the portal visitor.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

This thread is closed