REST API QUERY: What counts as a 'hit' when a select

Posted by kalinga@progress on 04-Mar-2014 21:20

Hello Guys,

I'm having a hard time since last week about REST QUERY. this is the scenario. i created a REST services providing a mobile app a bunch of data but i'm hitting the limit of the platform.

For example i requested 300rows in selectquery on platform then after 16times of actions in mobile app. im hitting the limit

Number of API calls during past hour exceeded allowed maximum of 4166 

is selectquery is counted as one hit? 

for example i query a 100rows is this equals as one hit?

Thanks,

All Replies

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 06-Mar-2014 00:37

Hi,

Each select query Rest API request is considered as one hit only. Please make sure you are passing "maxRows" parameter in your request. If you are not passing "maxRows" parameter, it will be taken  as 1 and will return one row. I hope this would resolve your problem. If you still have problem, Please share what input you are passing to request.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Posted by kalinga@progress on 06-Mar-2014 20:19

Thank you for your response Pradeep.

is there anyway we can track the hits?  were still encountering the error.

Thanks

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 07-Mar-2014 01:20

Hi,

We can track the api hits from UI. Goto Settings page by clicking on Settings button on Top Right side menu and then navigate to “Application Setup -> Rest API” page there we can see number of hits made in last one hour.

Please see below screen

You should not encounter any problem but not sure why you are encountering issue. Please share the input which you are passing to consume rest api.

Thanks and Regards

Pradeep

This thread is closed