Add users to my Rollbase app

Posted by Arno van der Ende on 02-Feb-2014 12:35

Hi,

Recently I followed a small course, creating a CRM app in Rollbase. I used the 90 days trial version.

Now I want to look at the capablities of Rollbase working with more developers on one app. So I tried creating a new user via the Setup for my colleague. But I can't enter my colleague his ProgressID, because it complains that userid is already in use.

I was able to use a different userid but with the same email-address connected to his ProgressID. But no email of notification was received. Also when he logs in, he doesn't see my CRM app.

How can I develop a Rollbase app with more developers? Is that even possible with the trail version? If not, how should this work with the Hosted Cloud version?

Thx

- Arno 

Posted by kiran kumar Angara on 03-Feb-2014 01:35

Hi Arno,

Yes, you can develop app with more developers. It is even possible with Trial version. If we create App in our master setup and when we log in with the user created under master, then the App should be shown.

There is e-mail validation while creation of user. But how could you able to create? If So, could you please check the mails in spam/Promotions as well (Email Notifications).

Possibilities of your problem:

1. Could you please check the Permissions and the roles which you have given to the created User

2. Have you upgraded the Rollbase App from Application Directory (Or) Settings--> Application Setup --> CheckUpdates (Link in Application) ?

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran Avs.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 02-Feb-2014 13:23

First, none of this matters in the private-cloud Rollbase instances - there each instance has its own independent user store.

In hosted RollBase at Progress Pacific, each user must have a unique ProgressID. And because the ProgressID logs you into "your" correct project, then you can't be part of two at the same time - hence the need for the second ProgressID.

Currently (feb 2014), emails need to be unique across the ProgressID space.

Both of the above are enhancement that the pacific team is looking at solving, but right now the "usual" solution is to have the second account use a different email - this could be a new unique email, or an alias that your email server supports. (E.g. Perhaps the ail server supports first.last@email.com vs fname@email.net vs fname@email.net.).

I don't recall seeing the "unique email" as an Idea for RollBase on Community, but if it not there it would be good to add and better to vote on.

Sorry my response could not say something more positive. But have a Happy Groundhog Day ... and post the same question tomorrow. But if you do I will post the same response. ;-D=

Posted by kiran kumar Angara on 03-Feb-2014 01:35

Hi Arno,

Yes, you can develop app with more developers. It is even possible with Trial version. If we create App in our master setup and when we log in with the user created under master, then the App should be shown.

There is e-mail validation while creation of user. But how could you able to create? If So, could you please check the mails in spam/Promotions as well (Email Notifications).

Possibilities of your problem:

1. Could you please check the Permissions and the roles which you have given to the created User

2. Have you upgraded the Rollbase App from Application Directory (Or) Settings--> Application Setup --> CheckUpdates (Link in Application) ?

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran Avs.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 03-Feb-2014 02:32

Besides for "trying out" Rollbase the limitation that you're not able to add existing (community, ESD) users to as developers to a Rollbase hosted application is a huge limitation.

Progress encourages every Progress user to sign up for a Progress ID . So everybody will end up having to explain his IT folks why he needs a second email address. And now imaging a consultant that supports multiple customers. Am I supplosed to have one email address per customer?

Posted by Arno van der Ende on 03-Feb-2014 03:22

Thank you Kiran.

First I have updated the Rollbase application: there was an update available.

After that I tried adding a ProgressID user who was already using the Trail version. This didn't work. So we created a new ProgressID for this user. Then I was able to create this user.

Perhaps it works now, because of the update of Rollbase... I'm not sure.

- Arno

This thread is closed