Email Templates - Permissions

Posted by tory@allwestern.com on 29-Jan-2014 16:59

Templates have no permissions - so when a regular user goes to the communication log and sends an email.  They see a LONG LIST of templates to choose from to send manually.

Obviously you are not adding template permissions, so this is how i was thinking to get around this.  Let me know if this will work or is optimal.  I will create an object just for templates that are used in the work flow (auto sending templates) and the object that a user will actually email from  (communication log) I will add only templates I want used manually there.  that way they dont have to scroll through a hundred useless templates to find the one they actually needed.  STILL the down side is EVERYONE can see all the manual templates so managers or departments can not have specialized ones without all seeing it.

If they added permissions to templates this would not be an issue - At least viewing permissions to the manually email drop down...

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by cgontla1 on 11-Feb-2014 10:20

Hi Tory,

As you said 'Templates don't have permissions'.

But, I have few points if i understand your question correctly.

If you have couple of templates inside an object, only those templates will be seen while creating new communication log. We can't see all the templates which are available in across the objects.

Please let me know your exact scenario.

Posted by romain.pennes@foederis.fr on 11-Feb-2014 10:26

Hello,

I agree that it would be much better if we had the ability to define permissions in templates for users to chose from.

Right now, when setting up templates for technical purposes (for instance, a .XML template document for SOAP related triggers), it can be seen, edited, and deleted by every user that is able to define templates for this object.

We would like to be able to define permissions on templates for this main reason (among others...)

Romain.

Posted by sidury on 21-Feb-2014 15:29

Hello,

CR # PSC00289614 is filed for this issue.

Thank you

This thread is closed