Rollbase private cloud installation problem

Posted by Johan Beumer on 23-Jan-2014 07:19

Hi there, When I start the installation of a private cloud of Rollbase, I get a message that says : "Rollbase is already is installed." This is not true (anymore). It was indeed installed before, but also removed. It looks like the removal did leave a trail somewhere. Does anybody know what I can do to prevent the message? The registry is clean of any Rollbase entry and OpenEdge 11.3.1 is completely installed again. The OS is windows 8.1. Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Johan Beumer

Posted by kopatra on 23-Jan-2014 07:37

What is the rollbase version you had installed earlier? Rollbase uses a different registry structure that's known as ZERO G registry which is under program files folder. Please share the content of ZERO G registry xml content

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 23-Jan-2014 07:37

I recall seeing some chatter on this in another forum (not Community).  I will see if I can track that down, and see if the people who solved it there can reply there.

You might want to check officially with Customer Support.     Or in the meantime, can you share information on:

• what version you are installing (if it latest - 2.1.0.2?)
  • did you have previous versions installed?  
  •  if so what versions, and how many 'copies'?

Posted by kopatra on 23-Jan-2014 07:37

What is the rollbase version you had installed earlier? Rollbase uses a different registry structure that's known as ZERO G registry which is under program files folder. Please share the content of ZERO G registry xml content

Posted by Johan Beumer on 23-Jan-2014 08:13

I renamed the hidden directory "C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry" and the installation continues again.

kopatra and wood, thnx for the quick response and help!

Posted by plizotte on 23-Jan-2014 08:22

You should make sure that there wasn't anything in the old Zero G Registry for other products.  IF there are you might have to merge the information about the other products back in.  

Can you share what version you had installed before, the platform and how you removed the old version?

Posted by Johan Beumer on 23-Jan-2014 08:37

I am sure of that!

I did the first installation yesterday an did not develop anything yet.

The installation was for PROGRESS_ROLLBASE_FULL_INSTALLER_2.1.0.2_WIN_64 on a windows 8.1 machine.

I removed it with the default sofware removal of Windows.

This thread is closed