Transferring data from Rollbase user

Posted by RichardWalsh on 11-Jan-2014 08:49

Hello

I am developing a Rollbase application for one of our customers in the hosted cloud.

I am successfully synchronising the data structures etc. through export and import of XML.

I also want the ability to take the data from all the clients objects, export them and then re-import the data into my own development account (to test etc).

At present I am considering creating a View for each object which contains all fields and exporting each of these to xls.

Is there an easier way of doing this that I've missed ? Thanks for any pointers.

Richard Walsh

All Replies

Posted by testname on 12-Jan-2014 11:21

Hi Richard,

In Application Setting page there is an option called 'Seed Record' using which data from all the clients objects can be exported along with the generated XML.

Hope this helps.

Please come back if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sopna.

Posted by RichardWalsh on 14-Jan-2014 04:53

Thanks Sopna
I'll give that a try. My impression was that the purpose of Seed Records was to populate an applicsastion with a discreet number of records e.g. parameter records with initial settings.

What I am trying to achieve is a complete copy of the clients data e.g. 1000 customer records.
I saw an FTP option relating to data which I will also try.
Many thanks
Richard

[collapse]