Looking to do this inside of Rollbase. Can you help?! Please

Posted by neighborapps on 12-Dec-2013 09:10

Im trying to make the following and Im having a little trouble setting this up. Anyone that can help please let me know.

1. Id like to create a CRM that would be available to a group of users with roles and permissions.

2. This CRM would be accounts and contacts. Accounts (companies) Contacts(tied contacts in those Accounts)

3. Id like to be able to create permissions based off territory, vertical, revenue band if possible into those accounts.

4. I need to do a weekly data dump on accounts and contacts we are updating. They need to be able to tie to existing contacts or accounts. Possible?

5. I need to have permissions set where users inside of the CRM can change the email address and for it to have an audit trail.

6. Permissible users can export searchable lists via CSV.

7. Id need a login page created for only permissible users.

8. I need from the contact tab...users allowed to make changes on data(emails addresses)

9. I need a section inside the contact field.....requesting a DATA update - "make an update" (new company,wrong email,left job)

10. Can I make new fields that effect the whole system if we uncover new information and want to give another field?

11. Can this CRM database be tied into individual Salesforce.com accounts?

12. Can this information be tied into an API inside of another web application?

13. Can there be a field showing all the new updated data from the previous day?

14. Do I need a private cloud or can this be an the hosted version?

Thanks...and looking forward to the much needed help!

All Replies

Posted by sidury on 12-Dec-2013 16:05

Hello,

Our pre-sales team will contact you for further assistance on this.

Thank you.

Posted by Miguel Saez on 13-Dec-2013 10:13

Hi,

Please, find me answer below.

1 and 2 . Yes, you could create any kind of obects which you will need in RB. Furthermore, you can use our CRM template to create your new CRM application. I don’t know if you see before, but you can test it in https://www.rollbase.com/master/portal/portal.jsp?c=1&p=20&g=76529&id=328001

3.- You could deep a little bit more this point, but I think that you will be able to use our LDF Permissions, you will see that it is oriented to Locations /Departments and Functions (LDF), but you should consider this feature and changes the name by Territory / Vertical and Revenue…, please find information in Page 305 of Rollbase in Action document.

4. Yes, you can do it.

5. Please find answer in point 3.

6. You can allow export permission by user and you could create different views.

7.- You need to login to application and every user has own permissions, besides you could tied to LDF (point 3).

8.- Yes, you can do it.

9.- Please I would like to know if you will be able to develop more this point.

10.- Yes, of course.

11.- Yes, you can use our D2C (DataDirect to Cloud www.datadirectcloud.com). D2C provides standard SQL access to Salesforce data in the cloud. In your case, you should define in D2C your connection with SF . After that, you will be able to see the Salesforce.com information as an object into Rollbase and create a relationship between your object and SF object. You can see more information in page 539 of Rollbase in Action.

12.- RB provides an API for SOAP,REST and JDBC. You could use it to connect your web application with RB

13.- You can check “Audit trail” attribute in an object, it creates audit trail entries for records. You can find more information in page 243 of Rollbase in Action.

14. You could decide what your best option is.

The Rollbase in Action document is in http://www.progress.com/products/rollbase/resources/rollbase-in-action

This thread is closed