How to give the users access to Filter and Export in a view

Posted by smartsysISV on 11-Dec-2013 05:03

How can I give the users access to the export and filter possibilities without give them access to change the view-selector?

Posted by Laurent on 11-Dec-2013 13:52

For an enhancement request, you might want to post an Idea on community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 11-Dec-2013 11:14

When editing the users profile, make sure that "Managed Views" is unchecked. Users should still be able to see the views, create filters and export but will not be able to modify any of the views.

Posted by smartsysISV on 11-Dec-2013 11:37

Thank you, but I would like to set this parameter om each view.

If I set this parameter on the users profile, I suppose this will affect alle views for this user.

We should have the possibility to uncheck the "Show View Selector" on each view without remove the possibility to filtering or exporting from this View.

Posted by Laurent on 11-Dec-2013 12:51

By each view do you mean all the views for each object?

Posted by smartsysISV on 11-Dec-2013 13:41

No, but on each view (on each page) we have the parameter "Show View Selector". If this parameter is not checked, the user can't see or change the view on this page. But if we do this we also disables the possibility to export and filtering the view.

Perhaps we should have three parameters:

- "Show View Selector" (Existing)

- "Enable filtering"

- "Enable exporting"

Posted by Laurent on 11-Dec-2013 13:52

For an enhancement request, you might want to post an Idea on community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

This thread is closed