Issues when using rbf_setViewSelector(fieldName, selectorVie

Posted by rli@rev.com.au on 24-Nov-2013 18:56

Hi there,

I'm having a problem when using rbf_setViewSelector(fieldName, selectorViewId) to set the selection view of a lookup field.

In my case, Object A has Many-to-One relationship with Object B. The integration name of the lookup field of Object A is R84074308. Also I have a list of defined Views in Object B, the View ID are 84144796, 84144929, etc.

In order to let user select a record of Object B under a particular view without seeing other records of other views in Object B, I intend to load the particular view for the lookup field when I NEW a Object A record.

Since the view of lookup field is determined by some combination of selection on NEW Object A Page, I have to use the API below instead of defining the "Use List View" directly in the Page Editor and rbf_setLookupFilter() does not support multiple filtering criteria.

rbf_setViewSelector("{!R84074308}", "84144796");

However, the function could not change the selection view at all and it always list all records of Object B.

Please help me out and any suggestion is great to hear!  ^^

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 02-Dec-2013 11:51

Hi,

The API rbf_setViewSelector is not supposed to work with picklist. It works only with the selector style. You can also refer chapter 7 from the book "Rollbase in Action". Thus it's working as expected.

Regards,

Ranjana Sinha

All Replies

Posted by rli@rev.com.au on 24-Nov-2013 22:19

Hello (again),

I've changed the code to rbf_setViewSelector("R84074308", "84144796"); this actually works for "Selector" style of the lookup field, which is the pop-up window style. But it could not work for "Picklist" style.

Any ideas? Please.

Thanks!

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 27-Nov-2013 11:34

Hi,

We are looking into this issue.It seems to be working with only selector style. We will get back to you with further clarifications.

Regards,

Ranjana sinha

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 02-Dec-2013 11:51

Hi,

The API rbf_setViewSelector is not supposed to work with picklist. It works only with the selector style. You can also refer chapter 7 from the book "Rollbase in Action". Thus it's working as expected.

Regards,

Ranjana Sinha

This thread is closed