FTP Batch Jobs - UNSECURE

Posted by isystemsllc on 14-Nov-2013 13:06

*Mods, feel free to move this to another section if appropriate.*

We learned today that the FTP connection used in batch jobs is unsecure. This was disappointing, as I believe it would be standard practices for most companies to transfer their data in a secure fashion. In this case, SFTP or FTPS would have been acceptable.

The FTP features (FTP Data snapshot and Schedule FTP Import) are useless to any company that sends any type of personal / sensitive information.

I have placed an enhancement request with Progress Support and think that the community should support this enhancement and request that it be implemented in the next release.

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 14-Nov-2013 13:16

If you want to community to support this enhancement you might want to post an Idea and encourage other people to vote for it.

Posted by gdg_ben on 14-Nov-2013 13:32

isystemsllc,

I submitted an enhancement request in June 2013 for this and would absolutely vote for your idea.  We have many clients who would benefit from a regular SFTP import, but will not even think about the idea of using insecure FTP.

lpoulain,  what is the process of creating an idea to allow others to vote?

Posted by Laurent on 14-Nov-2013 13:35

The Ideas are in the Business section of the community (community.progress.com/.../default.aspx for Rollbase)

Posted by isystemsllc on 12-Dec-2013 09:54

Just now seeing this -

gdg_ben - I have posted in the Business User section of the community so that others can vote.

Thanks.

Posted by gdg_ben on 12-Dec-2013 10:33

Thanks for the update.  You have my vote!

This thread is closed