An Idea for Rollbase Evaluation

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 13-Nov-2013 09:39

I'm working on installing RB on my desktop W7 system, and thought it'd be nice if I could d/l an image of a Linux system w/RB pre-installed. Then I could do my local sandbox demo on a captive desktop, and not have to worry about all the complexities of getting Tomcat installed, etc. 

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 13-Nov-2013 09:42

You're more than welcome to post this on the Idea section of the community. That said, it is now much faster to install Rollbase now that there is an automatic installer that will install the app server and the database for you.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 13-Nov-2013 10:12

Where is the "ideas" section?

Posted by Dr Ganesh Iyer on 13-Nov-2013 22:57

You may find the idea section here. community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 14-Nov-2013 05:39

In the "Business" section?? Come on...

Posted by Laurent on 15-Nov-2013 09:38

Believe it or not I am serious. The Ideas section is the place Progress customers are redirected when they want to ask for product enhancements. And Product Managers are expected to monitor those.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 15-Nov-2013 10:14

Then this needs to made clearer to non-business users. If you priorities making "life easy" for the Production Managers at the expense of your customers needing to be Sherlock Holmes, then the customers aren't going to participate.

At the very least put a "sticky" at the top of the group "ideas for upgrades and enhancements can be proposed _here_".

Posted by Jean Richert on 15-Nov-2013 10:53

As we speak, we are reviewing our UI for our next Community phase. It's already obvious to all/most of us that Ideas have to be more visible as it's a great additional functionality compared to our old forum...

Once we have scoped the UI changes we'd like to make, then we can come up with a better approach... It probably should be available at the navigation level (next to home/forum/wiki/docs).

This thread is closed