Rollbase Roles

Posted by nareshroyalty on 13-Nov-2013 05:19

Current roles are linked to only users. But if want to use Employee from Employee management as shared object in my application and I want to assign roles to employees. But I am not able to link emoloyee and role objects. Could you please let me know how the relationship can be established between Employee object and role object

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 14-Nov-2013 02:28

A Role object is always tied to the User object. A direct relationship cannot be established between an object and a role but individual permissions can be assigned to an object in the Object Definition page.

Although we can make use of the User object and model it as per our requirements, adding employee specific details as required and then can map different Roles to it.

All Replies

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 14-Nov-2013 02:28

A Role object is always tied to the User object. A direct relationship cannot be established between an object and a role but individual permissions can be assigned to an object in the Object Definition page.

Although we can make use of the User object and model it as per our requirements, adding employee specific details as required and then can map different Roles to it.

This thread is closed