Changing the "sender" name of e-mails

Posted by romain.pennes@foederis.fr on 29-Oct-2013 04:30

Hello,

When sending an e-mail using Rollbase:

• If the e-mail is sent automatically (after create / after update trigger), the "company name" of the customer zone is used has the e-mail sender name.
  • If the e-mail is sent manually (user clicks on "Send to..." action or uses workflow action to send an e-mail), the user name is used as the e-mail sender name.

This works great but doesn't cover all cases. Some customers would like the e-mail sender name to be something else.

For instance:

• You customer name is "Google", and you build an application to help them with their recruiting. You would like the e-mail sender name to be "Google Recruiting", while still having your customer name called "Google". As of today, this is not possible.
  • One of your user sends an e-mail from the application, he would like his e-mail sender name to be "Google Recruiting" and not his personal user name. As of today, this is not possible either.

To help cover those cases, we would like to have an additional field in customer zone and an additional field in user.
This "text" fields could be called "E-mail sender name".
If this field has been set, it uses its content has the e-mail sender name. If not, it keeps today's behavior.

Kind regards,

Romain.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-Nov-2013 14:57

I entered this as an Enhancement Request.  If I here more I will let you know....

BTW, there is an "Idea Submission" area for Rollbase Enhancement Ideas on Community where you can enter items and vote for them -- Look for "Challenge: Rollbase" community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-Nov-2013 14:58

(actually, I noticed you already found this --- and the item is there for voting!   I gave i a +1.

This thread is closed