QA Workflow

Posted by isystemsllc on 23-Oct-2013 11:05

I'm interested to know how others are performing their QA processes for Rollbase applications. 

Traditional QA points towards having a development server where test plans can be executed and if successful products can be patched, new versions released etc. I’d like to know what process you have found most practical when testing a fix to a Rollbase application.

For instance, if one of your clients calls and says, “this automatic trigger stopped working” or “we’d like to set up XYZ enhancement” how do you currently test these scenarios before going back to the customer and telling them the issue is resolved?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I appreciate the input!

Posted by Dr Ganesh Iyer on 18-Dec-2013 01:17

Basically, once you modified the application, you can test the new feature update in your development environment itself. You may even ask anyone else in your development environment to test it. Once you completed your testing. Go to "application set up" -> Choose your application. It will display a window and you can see "Publish updates" as shown below. 

Then, click on "Publish Updates". It will open a new window. There, you should provide a new version number so that customer will see "Update now" in his/her application directory. Hope this helps. 

All Replies

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 17-Dec-2013 10:16

If customer is using application developed by you, and if Customer reported any issue in that application.

You should check in that application where it went wrong, Fix it in locally and test the scenario customer mentioned.

Then Publish or Send him that app.

Correct me if misunderstand your question.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Dr Ganesh Iyer on 18-Dec-2013 01:17

Basically, once you modified the application, you can test the new feature update in your development environment itself. You may even ask anyone else in your development environment to test it. Once you completed your testing. Go to "application set up" -> Choose your application. It will display a window and you can see "Publish updates" as shown below. 

Then, click on "Publish Updates". It will open a new window. There, you should provide a new version number so that customer will see "Update now" in his/her application directory. Hope this helps. 

This thread is closed