Rollbase set in existing OpenEdge database does not 'see

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 23-Oct-2013 07:01

I created Rollbase tables in an existing OpenEdge database. I want to use the existing tables as 'External' but they do not appear in the selection table picklist in Rollbase.I tried creating the users and grant dba from sqlexplorer and from DataAdministration but with no result.

Is there a guideline for setting the Rollbase in this way?

All Replies

Posted by Miguel Saez on 23-Oct-2013 08:13

Hi,

When you configure the database in RB, you should use PUB user, because the property all of the tables generated via OpenEdge are assigned to PUB user, that's mean, that you also should use PUB user for creating RB schema in the existing OE database.

After that, you will be able to see the tables when you use the "External Database" object.

You can see in this link more information about managing security in SQL with OE.

Regards,

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 23-Oct-2013 09:29

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for the answer. The same issue is described also in a different post: community.progress.com/.../32377.aspx

For what we are using I think the second method is better as we have rollbase tables separated from the application tables and expose as external only the ones for which we do simple maintenance.

This thread is closed