Rollbase Picklist Integration Value Length Help

Posted by cohezive on 21-Oct-2013 19:15

The 10 character limit on the Picklist Integration value is causing me serious grief.  I have several fields that are picklists where I want to display the "business user value" and have a integration value that is needed with an External REST call that requires a constant.

Example is a external request status of "Submitted" has an external constant value for integration of _SUBMITTED_ - which is greater than the 10 character limit.

I don't want to have to add additional fields and create formulas just to make each of these integration associations.

Am I missing something or what is the recommended approach here?

Posted by Matt Robinson on 23-Oct-2013 12:50

Hi,

We agree this is an important enhancement and we are ensuring this change makes it into one of the next production updates. Expect to see this in the next 2-8 weeks. The timing really depends on the impact of the change rather than the change itself. We will let you know as soon as we have more detail on timing.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Robinson

Vice President of Technology

Progress Software

Posted by Matt Robinson on 02-Nov-2013 12:23

Cohezive,

As of the 2.0.0.3 Rollbase release today (November 2, 2013) picklist integration values can be up to 512 characters in length. This enhancement is now live in Rollbase Hosted Cloud. Enjoy!

Matt

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 22-Oct-2013 16:30

Enhancement Request PSC00277596 has been filed to increase the character limit. It is planned to be implemented in the next version of Rollbase - that release date has however not been determined yet.

Posted by cohezive on 22-Oct-2013 16:57

Thanks - but for a product that promotes its integration capabilities, this is a real non-starter.  

What process is required to escalate this issue?

Posted by Matt Robinson on 23-Oct-2013 12:50

Hi,

We agree this is an important enhancement and we are ensuring this change makes it into one of the next production updates. Expect to see this in the next 2-8 weeks. The timing really depends on the impact of the change rather than the change itself. We will let you know as soon as we have more detail on timing.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Robinson

Vice President of Technology

Progress Software

Posted by Matt Robinson on 02-Nov-2013 12:23

Cohezive,

As of the 2.0.0.3 Rollbase release today (November 2, 2013) picklist integration values can be up to 512 characters in length. This enhancement is now live in Rollbase Hosted Cloud. Enjoy!

Matt

This thread is closed