Umlaute in user name?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 17-Oct-2013 11:58

I'm using a trial of the hosted rollbase.

I created an additional user for one of my colleagues. Unfortunately his last name, contains the german Umlaut Ü in his last name (Rüterbories).

When he logs in, this umlaut is replaced by a carret. 

Do I need to swtich the code-page of rollbase? If/how/where? Or is that an issue in the hosted Rollbase platform?

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 17-Oct-2013 18:14

Do you know if the Progress Profile contains the correct Umlaut in his name?  

When you created the name in Rollbase, the account ID and information would have been stored as a Progress ID.  (If he logs onto Rollbase, in the upper right corner by his name is a drop down menu that lets you "Update Profile"  --- this links to secure.progress.com/.../myprofile.p.

Is the Last Name correct there?

Posted by Stefan Bolte on 18-Oct-2013 04:55

When I add Umlauts to my user name here in community under home/settings, these Umlauts get displayed nicely. What about Umlauts in posts? A try: ÄÖÜäöüߧ.

Looks good.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 18-Oct-2013 06:10

Hi Bill - I created the user as an additional user to my hosted rollbase trial. With proper Umlaute. On any screen in Rollbase where the user name was shown (like the use who last recently modified an object) the Umlaut was wrong. We checked the update profile screen and that also has the wrong umlaut.

So to me it looks like a code page problem when synchronizing users between Rollbase and Progress SSO

Screenshots to come.

Shall Marko try to fix this or would you like to investigate that?

Rollbase account is under "mikefe" - the user login name of Marko is "rueterbories".

Posted by Bill Wood on 19-Oct-2013 08:11

This does look like a defect.  I will enter it in the bug tracking system (Issue:PSC00277282) and get back to you if I hear more.  

Posted by Bill Wood on 07-Nov-2013 13:30

Hey, Mike.... I am told that this defect is fixed in the latest hotfix of Rollbase that went live over the weekend.  

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Nov-2013 18:04

Thanks Bill. We really missed,you at [tag:PUGChallenge] !!!!

This thread is closed