'Table / View / Synonym not found' when using PUB sc

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 09-Oct-2013 05:37

I am having some troubles when connecting to an OpenEdge database using the jdbc driver from rollbase for PUB schema. Follwing the rollbase documentation the rollbase tables are created in a schema with name. The problem is that this is not accesible from Progress.
I tried creating the tables direcly in PUB but in this case I get a 'Table / View / Synonym not found' when starting the Tomcat server. I used the following URL's but with no result:
jdbc:rollbase:datadirect:openedge://localhost:29003;databaseName=RB;defaultSchema=pub
jdbc:rollbase:datadirect:openedge://localhost:29003;databaseName=RB;INITIALIZATIONSTRING=SET SCHEMA 'PUB'
Did anyone encounter this problem and has a solution it?
Thanks in advance

All Replies

Posted by rajkumarmateti on 28-Oct-2013 13:28

Add SET Schema ‘PUB’  statement at first line in Create_oe.sql script file.

Run the script file to create tabels.

Then all the rollbase related tables will create under PUB schema.

Use following URL: jdbc:rollbase:datadirect:openedge://localhost:29003;databaseName=RB;defaultSchema=pub  as specified by you.

Now you can access those tabels without any problems.

Please try this and  let us know if  you have a problem

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 29-Oct-2013 03:46

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I tried this approach also but it works only if user PUB is defined as well and with a given password. Setting the URL does not work in either cases.

The solution we opted for is described in this post: community.progress.com/.../32377.aspx

This thread is closed