cannot update user's email addresses

Posted by tsarch on 07-Oct-2013 14:14

Since the migration, I am unable to update the email associated with rollbase user accounts (when I'm logged-in as the administrator).

It gives me an error message to "Error: Email Address should be updated via 'Update Profile'" BUT I cannot access the user's account because I don't have access to it.

Am I missing something here?

Posted by sidury on 21-Oct-2013 13:11

Hello,

If you have login issues with a particular user, please send the progress id and email details to rollbase-registration@progress.com

Sorry currently there is no capability for Administrators to initiate email address and password changes.

Users would have to go through progress ID process

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 07-Oct-2013 18:41

We indeed migrated your old forum to a new platform.

At this stage, I can't give you a final explanation and/or answer about being email to answer back by email to a forum question... Let me look into that and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Posted by Jean Richert on 07-Oct-2013 21:18

Hi there, we are in the process of enabling back emails but it may still take us a few days to fully sort this out.

As soon as I'll have an ETA I'll you know. In the meantime and as a temporary workaround, please go to our Rollbase forum at community.progress.com/.../25.aspx...

Sorry for the inconvenience..  

Posted by tsarch on 14-Oct-2013 10:20

ok

Posted by Jean Richert on 14-Oct-2013 14:42

Sorry to ask but when you said "Since the migration, I am unable to update the email associated with rollbase user accounts (when I'm logged-in as the administrator)."... can you specify where did you try to update your email address?

Posted by tsarch on 18-Oct-2013 04:58

logged-in as admin:

Settings --> Administration Setup --> Users --> (select user of non-admin role)

I enter a new email address for the user account, but I get two error messages. One is at the top of the window "Error: Invalid Date. Review error messages below to correct your data."  Then, the error message next to the email address field is "Error: Email Address should be updated via 'Update Profile'"

However, note, that I cannot log into this user's account.

Further, trying to reset a user's password doesn't work anymore. From the user view, "Reset Password" returns "Passwords are managed by external system."

I know you have the Progress login now, but admin should really be able to initiate email and password changes...

Posted by sidury on 21-Oct-2013 13:11

Hello,

If you have login issues with a particular user, please send the progress id and email details to rollbase-registration@progress.com

Sorry currently there is no capability for Administrators to initiate email address and password changes.

Users would have to go through progress ID process

Thanks!

This thread is closed