Full Hierarchy "Tree View" on Associated Records

Posted by Rollbase User on 24-Jun-2010 07:41

In the Organisation application, there are 3 Organization objects called Locations, Departments and Functions. Each of these object are hierarchies with each record (except for the parent) being linked to a parent record. I notice that there is a Tree Veiw which shows an hierarchial explosion based upon the child parent relationship. I require a similar hierachy view on one of my applications that relates different business process together. How do I create this tree view? I have tried to see how it's accomplished, but could not work this out.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2010 17:12

Hi Andrew,

This tree view is specific to the LDF (location, department, and function) hierarchy objects. It is not yet available for your own object definitions, though this is on our roadmap.

Regards,
Matt

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2011 21:32

Hi Matt,

I have the same tree view requirement. I noticed that the latest response was about a year ago. Is the tree view functionality available now?

Thanks,

Brandon

Posted by Admin on 17-Aug-2011 11:28

Hi Brandon,

This is still on our roadmap but has not been a priority for our customers so it has slipped lower in the list. If you can help me somehow make a business case for prioritizing this (i.e. financial) let me know and I'll see what we can do

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 09-Dec-2011 21:42

Hi Matt,

I have the same requirement for the tree view functionality? Is this available now? I am developing financial system over RB hence, a chart of accounts should be presented in tree view format.

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2013 13:12

Has there been any progress on implementing the Tree View functionality?

Posted by Admin on 17-Aug-2013 11:21

Some examples of valuable business case uses:

Chart of Accounts/Income/Expense Hierarchical Objects for an accounting package

Product Catalogue Hierarchical Objects for navigating product categories

Inventory Locations Hierarchical Objects for recording item buildings > rooms > shelves > bins

Website Navigation/SiteMap for content management applications

All valuable needs with very real businesses uses in many, if not most online applications.

I hope that gets the request bumped, given the functionality has already been developed, it just needs to be tested and exposed for use in Page design.

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2013 08:13

We would be keen to sponsor development of this feature.

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2013 16:43

I'd like to see Rollbase open up the ability for clients to create their own UI widgets like this, and add them to a library of published widgets. Or better yet, allow binding of jQuery plugins to Rollbase data, so that clients can use some of the many jQuery UI features already developed... including something like http://www.jstree.com.

That allows the community to expand on the product rather than relying on limited Rollbase resources (see the number of tickets responded to with 'that is on our roadmap'). Everybody wins.

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2013 20:03

I would like to see this happen as well

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2013 08:43

OK, this is becoming more and more important for us to develop this feature - to put it bluntly - What would it cost to commission it?

Posted by Admin on 21-Aug-2013 09:17

Hello everyone,

I will refer this interest to my product management team and reply with any developments once any are available. I'd also like to add that we appreciate the community's amazing enthusiasm!

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 29-Aug-2013 08:49

Thanks Corey,

Any news on this?

We're looking to start using our newly created Apps in 4-6 weeks and this is a pretty important feature for us.

Thanks

Posted by Admin on 19-Sep-2013 11:17

Any updates on this request? It would be very useful to be able to do this natively with a tree component on hierarchical objects of any kind. Right now, I have to use third party components to display these items which isn't as clean as the default ones for Locations or Departments.

Posted by surferking on 15-Nov-2013 09:31

Any news on this please?

Posted by ithrees on 15-Oct-2014 19:43

Any update on this now?

This thread is closed