Generating HTML-PDF files for multiple records (group workfl

Posted by Rollbase User on 10-Jan-2013 08:43

Hello, As it seems, we cannot generate multiple HTML to PDF files. - We have create a document template HTML to render in PDF. - We have created an action to generate the document template (We have checked "Group action") - When selecting multiple records and clicking the action, the PDF file that opens only shows one page for one record. It doesn't generate for all selected records. Can you take a look at this? Thank you, Romain Pennes.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2013 11:22

I'll take a look

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2013 15:25

I do not confirm this issue: all records generate page in resulting PDF. Page break is added after each document (the same rule apply to other document types)

Posted by Admin on 14-Sep-2013 10:20

Same issue here.The system renders only the first page when using HTML templates with the "Render as PDF" option checked. Without rendering to PDF, it works as expected.

I have tried this on our private cloud and the hosted environment.

@Romain: Do you still have the issue?

Posted by Admin on 15-Sep-2013 08:14

Hello,

It works for us now.

If I remember correctly, I believe our error was to make a HTML temlpate with complete HTML structure:

"html-body.../body-/html".

When mass generating HTML templates rendered as PDF, it stops after the first "/html".

To allow for mass rendering, I believe you should not put "html" or "body" tags, but instead, having a template that starts with a "div" and ends with "/div" for example.

Romain.

Posted by Admin on 15-Sep-2013 10:01

Thanks Romain, I will take a look.

This thread is closed