How to Send Mass Email

Posted by Rollbase User on 27-Aug-2013 06:32

Hi, I configured an Email Template for the Contacts service. I can see there is a mention of sending email via the workflow setup, but can't find the send mass email using that template. Is there a way to send mass email for the contacts, say all contacts selected in a view

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 29-Aug-2013 02:22

Hello Imran,

I apologize for the delay. I have been able to create a Workflow which enables emails to be sent to a 'Record's Contact Email', with the ability to be selected from a view, as you had intended. Assuming that you already have created an 'Email Template' and 'Contacts' filled out, from the 'Object Definitions' page:

- Create a 'Workflow Action'. 'Action Name' should be filled out, and 'Group Action' should be checked as well. Checking 'Group Action' will enable this Workflow Action to be selected from the view, thus granting the ability to send a mass email to a custom set of records in a view, or even all of them. Under the 'Use Field' option, select 'Email Address'. This will ensure that the sender address of the email will be based on a record's corresponding email Field. Choose 'Email Template' accordingly. For simplicity of this example, under the 'Action Condition Formula' on the bottom, simply fill out the box with 'return true;'.

- Create a 'Workflow Process', basically just a na

Posted by Admin on 01-Sep-2013 01:20

Thanks Corey, This was helpful. I was able to configure it.

Further can the email template be made a selection field when sending the email from the view. The field seems to be disabled which means each template pre-configured for the user will need a separate workflow statuses created.

This thread is closed