Working with Multilingual fields

Posted by Rollbase User on 14-Aug-2013 22:36

I have some fields setup to allow for multilingual input. I am wondering how to access this data with client-side api such as rbf_getfield. Say I want to get data from a multilingual field from object A an copy to an input on object B. I see that I can target the field using Fieldname_isoCountryCode. That works fine in conjunction with rbf_setFieldValue. However, I cannot see to get the info from the original Object A field. Primary language is not a problem.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Aug-2013 07:57

Hello Andrew,

from my understanding, you'd like to access a field of object A and copy it over to a field on object B?

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2013 17:14

Hi Corey,

Yes, you are correct. I am trying to grab the data from both language inputs on the field.

Posted by Admin on 21-Aug-2013 12:51

Hello Andrew,

were you able to retrieve the value of the field of Object A? Please let me know if you'd like my assistance.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 21-Aug-2013 17:02

That is my question, I can get the value of the primary language with something like rbf_getfields. How to get the value of the secondary language?

Posted by Admin on 22-Aug-2013 07:33

Hello Andrew,

if you were able to retrieve the first field using rbf_getfields(), could you apply the same API to retrieve the value of the second field? I'm assuming that these two fields are custom fields of an object which you created. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 22-Aug-2013 07:44

Hi Corey.

This is a multi-lingual field, i.e. it has the "This field allows storing multiple values for supported languages" option set. So the single field presents more than one input and accepts values for both languages.

I need to copy the value from both languages to another object. using rbf_getfields, I can copy the input from the currently used language. I would like to copy both.

Posted by Admin on 29-Aug-2013 15:14

Hello Andrew,

I have tested and confirmed this possibility with my colleagues, there is currently no way to access this secondary translation field. Hence, this field strictly serves as an interchangeable representative of an Object/Record Field label, depending on the language setting that is active. For now, any code or tolkien that refers to an Object/Record Field corresponds to the Field of the base language.

An Enhancement Report, CR# PSC00112624, has been filed on behalf of adding this feature. Our product management team will review this report and consider implementation for a future Rollbase release.

I will be sure to provide you with updates once any are available.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2013 03:21

Corey,

Thanks for your follow up, please do keep me updated if this is updated.

This thread is closed