XLS reader is not installed on this system error

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Aug-2013 21:14

On private cloud i am getting this message "XLS reader is not installed on this system" when i try to do batch job ftp import. How do i fix this?

Posted by Bill Wood on 08-May-2014 10:31

This may be your issue: Rollbase uses JExcel API to read, write, and manipulate Excel 2003 spreadsheets in XLS format. Although this API is free, Rollbase does not include it into Private Cloud binaries for legal reasons.

Could this be your issue?  Have you downloaded this component?

For more on this see Rollbase in Action: Chapter 18: Installing and Configuring Private Cloud

(or the online/HTML version HERE)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2013 09:16

Mr. Dagesse,

I have referred your issue to our Rollbase engineers and other colleagues, I will be sure to reply with updates once any are available. Please feel free to reply with any useful information that may better describe the issue.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2013 09:35

Hi Chris,

I created case # 77089484 - "XLS reader is not installed on this system error" to follow on this issue,

Can you please attach the complete rollbase logs to this case for Support investigation.

Thank You,

Srikanth

Progress|Rollbase Product Support Team

Posted by Admin on 28-Aug-2013 06:38

where do i find those ?

Posted by Admin on 28-Aug-2013 08:34

Hi Chris,

You should be able to find the logs under $ROLLBASE_HOME/storage

Please zip and attach to the case # 77089484 for Support investigation.

Thank You,

Srikanth

Progress|Rollbase Product Support Team

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 08-May-2014 10:18

Hi,

Is there a feedback on this issue?

I have a 'XLS writer not installed’ error when trying to download the translation spreadsheet for update.

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by Bill Wood on 08-May-2014 10:31

This may be your issue: Rollbase uses JExcel API to read, write, and manipulate Excel 2003 spreadsheets in XLS format. Although this API is free, Rollbase does not include it into Private Cloud binaries for legal reasons.

Could this be your issue?  Have you downloaded this component?

For more on this see Rollbase in Action: Chapter 18: Installing and Configuring Private Cloud

(or the online/HTML version HERE)

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 09-May-2014 06:42

Thank you Bill, this solved my issue.

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-May-2014 06:45

That is good.  For the record, please note the other items in Chapter 18 that you might need if you want to create, for example, PDF files, or Word documents (or use different charts).

This thread is closed