New Installation Not Creating First User

Posted by Rollbase User on 25-Aug-2013 07:04

I am evaluating the product for our company and am having trouble installing the Private Cloud. I am trying to install it on my windows 8 machine with MSSQL R2 Edition. I have been able to install the application but the application does not seem to create the first user. Logs show the following: tomcat7-stdout.2013-08-25.log ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2013-08-25 21:42:10 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized 2013-08-25 21:48:16 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized ==>> Master Server is starting ROLLBASE_HOME=C:\Tomcat 7.0\rollbase Host name: localhost:8080 ==>> Installing local Progress Rollbase instance ==>> PROD1 Server is starting Production Server PROD1: Initialization completed successfully ==>> REST server is starting ==>> Router Server is starting ==>> RSS server is starting ==>> SEARCH Server is starting ==>> STORAGE Server is starting ==>> WEBAPI Server is starting ==>> WORKFLOW Server is s

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 25-Aug-2013 23:26

Anyone ... Any feedback on this ... Just a bit frustrating not to get hands on the software to get going for Evaluation after going through quite a bit of detail.

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2013 08:10

Hello Imran,

I have forwarded this issue to our Rollbase engineers and other colleagues, I will also be sure to reply with feedback once any are received.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2013 10:21

Hi Imran,

could you please provide me with a compressed directory of the logs? I believe they are located at $ROLLBASE_HOME/logs/storage and $ROLLBASE_HOME/config.

Please feel free to send the compressed file to cprak@progress.com, I shall then review and forward the logs for my colleagues to review. These files will be very important in understanding the cause issue and finding the most accurate solution.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 27-Aug-2013 14:03

Hi Imran,

I am another private cloud customer, and just had a few thoughts:

- Are you getting the email specifying the generated password of the first user?

- If not, do you have email setup in shared.properties? If you don't have something you can use for email, do "SkipEmail=true", which dumps emails to output log.

Regards,

~ Kurt

Posted by Admin on 27-Aug-2013 15:18

Hello Imran,

I have forwarded the issue to our Rollbase Engineers and other colleagues, will be sure to reply with updates once any are available.

In the mean time, we'd appreciate if you update us with any developments on your end, or if there's any additional information you would like to provide.

Thank You,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 27-Aug-2013 15:57

Standard output does not show any installation process. It is possible that your installation (during previous startup) was successful, you just did not get email because email settings were incorrect. Try login with

user name: Admin2

password: welcome

If that will not help, I'd recommend:

- stop Tomcat

- drop database schema

- create new database schema

- start Tomcat. That should create new schema.

Posted by Admin on 27-Aug-2013 17:25

I tried logging in using Admin2 user but didn't work. I will try the Skip Email and Recreating of Schema tonight and get back. Thanks for the responses.

Imran

This thread is closed