General advice sought on reporting from Rollbase. Thanks

Posted by Rollbase User on 21-Aug-2013 08:52

I'm looking for general advice please on Reporting from Rollbase as a new Rollbase developer. I'm accustomed to producing reports in Crystal Reports but don't think it's useable and would not want to do so anyway. I have not used binary Word Templates, nor Excel nor HTML templates. I have familiarity with HTML but believe producing a report e.g. a well-presented invoice by uploading a template into Rollbase and working on from there will be a lot of work to start with....and go well beyond my HTML expertise. I know there will be a learning curve whichever direction I go but as I'm starting with small client applications I would like the reporting to be as simple as possible to begin with. Even with 'simple' applications the client likes well-formatted reports. Any suggestions from experienced or non-experienced Rollbase 'people' very much appreciated. ................ it's basically an order confirmation print I am trying to start with.....from an order header record and related order lines stored in

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Mar-2014 19:43

One option is to use DataDirect Cloud and the Rollbase DataSource.   This is one of the intended use cases for DataDirect Cloud which enables JDBC (or ODBC) access to cloud datasources for reporting.

If you are trying to embed a report in the Rollbase, then Rollbase has internal reporting capabilities.  Look at Chapter 5 in Rollbase in Action.

This thread is closed