Upgrade to 1.0 from 4.08

Posted by Rollbase User on 12-Aug-2013 17:39

After upgrading from 4.08 to 1.0, Im getting the message "Unknown column 'DB_NAME' in 'field list'" when trying to login. Any idea? I have executed the SQL statements...

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2013 07:27

Hello Bakar,

I've referred this issue to my fellow colleagues as well as the product management team. I will make sure that this thread is reviewed, please be sure to reply with any developments on your end. We'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2013 08:56

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the update. I have done a rollback to version 4.08. I will test it again and keep you updated.

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2013 09:32

Hello Bakar,

I've received a response from one of our Software Engineers. Directly quoting,

"...

Following lines from upgrade_1_0_0_0.sql should have done the job of changing the previous DB_NAME field to DATABASE_NAME.

DROP INDEX RB_CUST_DATA_I2 ON RB_CUST_DATA;

ALTER TABLE RB_CUST_DATA CHANGE DB_NAME DATABASE_NAME VARCHAR(20);

CREATE INDEX RB_CUST_DATA_I2 ON RB_CUST_DATA(DATABASE_NAME);

UPDATE RB_FIELD_DEF SET COLUMN_NAME='DATABASE_NAME' WHERE CUST_ID=1 AND OBJ_DEF_ID=2 AND FIELD_NAME='dbName';

..."

To continue from here, could you please provide more detailed steps that were performed in upgrading? I will forward them, and we will be able to get closer to finding a more accurate solution.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2013 16:57

Hi Corey,

I have downloaded the newest binaries from the site (in stead of using the oldest 1.0 files). I have succesfully upgraded my development environment without any login problems...

Posted by Admin on 21-Aug-2013 07:30

Bakar,

thank you for the update, I'm very glad that it was successful! Please feel free to reply or create a new topic with any other questions/concerns that you may have. Enjoy Progress Rollbase 1.0!

Thanks,

Corey Prak

This thread is closed