Lookup menu missing red for required

Posted by Rollbase User on 27-Jun-2013 08:52

Lookup fields with drop down menus do not always appear with red to indicate required. Trying to proceed without selecting a value is still flagged and prevents progress, but the user does not realize it's necessary until after trying to proceed. The field has been marked required at both page and field level.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-Jun-2013 09:05

Here is a screenshot showing an example of what we're talking about.

The fields marked with red boxes are supposed to be required, as indicated by the "Required" flag on the "Edit Page" screen. However, they do not render with the vertical red line marker at the left side of the textbox to indicate the field is required.

The only pattern we have discovered, is that it seems consistently to be any field that is a "Dependent Lookup" that doesn't properly show required status. The rest of the fields on the page work correctly.

Posted by Admin on 30-Jun-2013 15:36

Hello,

We have noticed the same problem aswell.

Hope you can fix it.

Thanks.

Romain Pennes.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2013 16:28

Hello,

I have spent some time on this issue but have been unsucessful in replicating the problem. My attempt involved toggling the field as required on both the Edit Field and Page Editor. So far, the red line on the specific field has been rendered as expected.

Would you mind giving me further details about your schema? I would like to replicate the problem. For now, I will continue to find a solution. Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2013 16:37

Were you making specifically a dependent lookup field type? Meaning you have field X which is a related object, then field Y which is a related object depending on the value of field X. Then field Y is a dependent lookup and should demonstrate the problem.

Posted by Admin on 03-Jul-2013 12:43

Mr. Bachtold,

could you provide additional details about certain properties of these objects? More specifically, the cardinality of the relationship between X and Y. Also, is the "required" option checked off for the specific field on the Page Editor and Object Definition levels for both X and Y? Thank you very much.

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2013 15:22

Hi Corey,

I have setup test scenario that reproduces the issue. They are all one-to-many relationships. Here is a complete example.

obj1 - parent object

obj2 - child object, has many-to-1 relationship with obj1

obj3 - child object, has many-to-1 relationship with both obj1 and obj2

All fields are required for all objects, including all the relationships. All relationship fields are rendered as picklists on all views. The field relationship obj2 on object obj3 is a dependent lookup with obj1 value.

If you setup the scenario above, you will see on "New Obj3" page, the obj1 relationship correctly renders as required, but the dependent lookup obj2 does not. Note also, that if you use "lookup" display type, it works correctly - you will see the behavior only if you use "picklist" display type on the pages. This affects both "Add" and "Edit" pages.

Application XML of my test application that should demonstrate the issue: http://pastebin.com/cXWGqnuB

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2013 11:09

Hello Mr. Bachtold,

thanks so much for exporting the Application XML, I was able to import it and replicate the issue without any problems. Since functionality is still consistent when the Lookup Style is "Selector" or "Picklist", I'm assuming that the GUI is mostly involved. I won't rule everything else out just yet, and will continue to manipulate the objects and seek a solution. Thanks again.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 07:45

Hi Mr. Bachtold,

I have submitted a Defect Report, CR# PSC00110401 to display a red vertical bar on Dependent Lookup Fields with a Style of "Picklist". I will keep you updated on any developments as our Product Management team reviews this CR.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2013 14:33

Hello Mr. Bachtold,

good news! The Enhancement Report to include a red strip on a dependent lookup field of type "Picklist", CR# PSC00110401, is currently being reviewed. I will be sure to reply of any further progress.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2013 12:21

Hello,

I am very pleased to announce that this issue has been reviewed and fixed! Please feel free to post with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 28-Aug-2013 10:10

To get this fix, an update of our binaries to the latest 1.0 would be required?

Posted by Admin on 28-Aug-2013 13:52

Hello Micah,

yes, this hotfix is applied in Rollbase 1.0. Upon reviewing the report, there is only an indication of a change intended for this version only.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

This thread is closed