Email trigger still running after being deleted

Posted by Rollbase User on 16-Aug-2013 17:20

I created an email trigger and later deleted it. But it continues to fire and send me emails. Is it possible its in the database, but not being displayed? What are my options to debug this problem?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2013 09:19

Mr. Branch,

are you still experiencing this issue? Also, is the trigger still visible in the 'Trigger' section of the 'Object Definitions' page? If so, I'd appreciate if you could provide me with any information you are seeing of any activity in the 'Event Log' of the 'Trigger Queue'. Please disregard the next paragraph otherwise.

Under the 'Actions' column from the 'Triggers' section of the 'Object Definitions' page, there should be a 'Queue' option alongside the 'Edit | Clone | Del' for your trigger. Click on 'Queue', and a new page should be navigated to. Finally click the button at the top titles, "View Event Log", and an external window should pop up. This information describes any activity between the specific trigger and object records.

If this deleted trigger is still being run and is not shown under the 'Object Definitions Page', please provide us with any details pertaining to the email trigger, such as the 'Trigger Condition Formula' and 'Delay Time' details.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2013 10:24

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the reply. The trigger went away over the weekend and now its working. Could it take several hours for a trigger changes to take effect? Is there some background process that runs to clean up abandoned triggers?

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2013 11:11

Mr. Branch,

I don't think there is an additional step to removing a trigger after deleting it, and I'm unaware of any details related to Rollbase's background process(es).

However, I have noticed other recent forum topics which described issues with triggers of type 'Send Email'. At this point in time, there is a known defect of delayed triggers of type 'Send Email', of which a report has been filed and is pending review (PSC00112006).

Please feel free to post any other difficulties concerning triggers!

Thanks,

Corey Prak

This thread is closed