How to generate non-REST session ID?

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-Jul-2013 08:54

I can get the session ID through the REST interface, but this is a string like the following... "rest-##################". I tried using this session Id for the custom JSP page, unsuccessfully. I also tried it without the preceeding "rest-", but that did not work either. How can I obtain a non-REST session ID, or how do I use the REST-session Id for the custom JSP page? By the way, sometimes the REST session ID has the dash in "rest-##################" and sometimes it does not. Is that by design?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Jul-2013 10:38

Hello Bob,

I have referred this inquiry to my colleagues and will be sure to reply with any developments.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 07-Aug-2013 16:19

I realized that the dash and lack of dash, is simply the result of a randomly generated number, which sometimes is negative. Still not sure if I can use the numeric portion as the session ID in a custom jsp page. Although that is mostly because I believe I am having setup issues related to custom jsp.

Posted by Admin on 08-Aug-2013 09:31

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for the update! Your discovery will help me in finding solutions to future topics that may be similar.

Please let me know if you were successful in utilizing the numeric portion of the session ID, or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

This thread is closed