Searchable Content

Posted by Rollbase User on 29-Jul-2013 20:39

Our client requires a wikipedia-like knowledge management db where users can input content by text area is not searchable. What's the best solution/workaround? :(

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Jul-2013 08:20

Hello Donmidel,

I understand that you'd like a Wikipedia like database, could you please expand upon how users should enter data and what part of the database isn't searchable?

Utilizing Portals within Rollbase will absolutely help to achieve creating such an application. More information can be found in Chapter 12, titled "Portals and Hosted Files" of page 298 on our official guide,Rollbase in Action.

For a quicker reference, the guide introduces Portals on Page 78 as, "... a flexible way to build and expose external-facing Applications in public websites or intranets for external users, such as website visitors, partners, or employees on an intranet. With Rollbase, you can create Portals to allow just about any type of external user to access specific Application functionality such as creating, editing, searching and viewing Object records and much more."

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reply with any questions or concerns, I

This thread is closed