No ObjectLink field for this object definition

Posted by Rollbase User on 15-Jul-2013 12:48

Hi Pavel/Matt, I am encountering this problem when I try to edit/create a new view for my user object. I do not know what is going on since this the first time i encountered this error. What do you think is causing this error and how can it be solved?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 13:06

Hello Simone,

could you please provide me with your Login ID and associated Company Name? I would like to acess the application and closely observe the issue and Application Settings.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 13:16

Hi Corey,

can I have your email address so I can send login details.

Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 13:24

Hi Simone,

you can send the login information to cprak@progress.com.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 14:35

Simon,

I was successfully able to login and replicate the issue. From viewing your Objects under Application Settings, it seems that quite a few of them have been modified at the same time; I assume that a batch update was conducted.

Could you please tell me the last time the "Edit View" and "Create View" actions worked? If so, we could narrow down the cause of the issue and closely analyze the modifications that were made before then.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 14:53

Hi,

We installed an application from the an XML file. After the installation, the edit and new views did not work anymore and was giving us the said error. we tried unistalling the app and installing it again but there error did not go away.

Simon

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 15:12

Hi Simone,

Can you please send us the application XML for Support investigation

Thank You,

Srikanth

Progress|Rollbase Product Support Team

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 15:18

This Object definition does not have field of type "Record Name". This situation is highly unusual. Do you have "Record Name" field in original XML tree?

Posted by Admin on 15-Jul-2013 15:23

Hi Srikanth,

I sent a copy of the XML to Corey's email.

Pavel, I have not yet inspected the XML tree.

Simon

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2013 08:58

Hello Simon,

I have received your Application XML and accessed it without any problems. I will review the file and corresponding Application with my colleagues and notify you of any developments.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2013 11:53

Hello again Simon,

Upon importing the Application XML, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. It may just be me, but the imported Application seems very different from the Application I viewed when logged into your account.

Could you please guide me on steps should be done in order to replicate the issue from the Application? I wasn't able to find a New View or Edit View.

Thanks,

Corey Prak

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2013 12:00

Hi Corey,

Once you installed the application, navigate to the user object of an existing app in the zone. Once there, the available list views are displayed, click on edit/new list. The error will be displayed. It only happens on the User object, other than that, the other views seem to work well.

Simon

Posted by Admin on 17-Jul-2013 08:13

Hi All,

we solved the problem. We found out that the field User Name on the user object has the option "This field can be used as a column in views and reports" unchecked. Once we set this to true, the new and edit views are working again.

Thanks for the help.

Simon

This thread is closed