Incoming Emails?

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Nov-2009 14:09

Does the system have the ability to accept incoming emails and attach to records?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2009 14:57

No, we do not process incoming emails.

Posted by Admin on 14-Sep-2010 19:41

is there any future plans to take incoming emails? Atleast to one central area where a user can then index them to the correct record? Would be very helpful tool.

Posted by Admin on 14-Sep-2010 21:48

Do you use gmail or in-house server? Perhaps we can try to access gmail box through API. I'd like to see more demand for this feature.

Posted by Admin on 01-Oct-2010 17:23

We would be willing to use gmail if that would make it accessible via API - I think this would be widely used and great for marketing your product. For people trying to design paperless workflow systems it is a must. Eliminates the need to constantly upload documents, would just be able to use the subject line or even the body of the message (email) to index via a properly designed trigger/workflow.

Posted by Admin on 01-Oct-2010 18:57

I cannot promise quick fulfillment of this request but I will keep it in mind. Sorry for inconvenience.

Posted by Admin on 03-Oct-2010 02:57

guys, want more demand? --- this would make a massive difference to my application. In fact, I was going to ask about it very soon. Our system is very centred around a document register for each loan application. I would love to be able to e-mail attachments to a central point, and then attach them to specific files. Maybe we could have a reference in the subject so that the allocation could be automatic? We use gmail. Keep me posted.

Posted by Admin on 03-Oct-2010 11:05

OK, good ti know. Will try to accommodate this request.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 02:29

Any idea if this will make a upcoming version update? This would work great for us even if it did not allow for attachments as we now send and receive all documnets via a secured ftp link. Other systems like longjump have this feature for incoming emails so it would be keeping up with the Jones's... Thanks

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 15:38

Yes, you can access incoming emails from gmail account. Use Page Editor on general pages and add email component to your page.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 15:55

Yeah, but does the system allow you to run triggers and move incoming emails based on subject lines or content of the email?

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 16:17

Yes, the real the benefit would be an 'incoming email' trigger, which had access to {!recipient} , {!subject}, {!body}, {!attachment} and ability to save the attachment against a file upload field.

Then we could do things like forward scanned images to our document register, or update the status of an object based on a client's reply to a system generated e-mail etc.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 17:08

Sorry but this is currently out of the question due to performance considerations. However incoming emails can be traced to original Rollbase records. I'm awaiting feedback on how this can be used.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 18:15

Ok, but how about giving the email page an edit button so you can change the "Related To" field which would enable you to attach it to the correct records correspondence. The field is viewable but not editable. Because if it does not automatically match the record i don't see a way to manually attach it.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 18:46

This mark is set when you send an email related to particular record and preserved later on.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 19:12

So there is no way to add an additional related field or anything else you could manually do that would put that email in teh correct record manually as well? Also, can you use gmail for incoming mails but rollbase for out?

Posted by Admin on 15-Jan-2011 10:40

This feature will be enhanced in coming releases.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jul-2011 17:47

Have you came back to this topic yet? The ability to attach an email to a record that it did not originate from?

It has been while since the last time I was told it would addresses in a coming release.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jul-2011 20:51

Yes, this is available now:

1. Open Gmail tab

2. Select incoming email

3. Click "Communication Log" button

4. Select record from the available choices (if email sender can be recognized) or "Select from the list". Il later case select object type and record from Selector window

5. That will create Communication Log record for selected Rollbase record and selected email

Posted by Admin on 02-Nov-2011 16:29

Any plans on the gmail inbound feature to allow the attachments to be viewed as well. Maybe allow you to attach an attachment to a record or at least view it in the email.

Posted by Admin on 02-Nov-2011 18:24

We'll try to add this on road map.

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2013 18:13

This (or similar) would be perfect:

"Yes, the real the benefit would be an 'incoming email' trigger, which had access to {!recipient} , {!subject}, {!body}, {!attachment} and ability to save the attachment against a file upload field.

Then we could do things like forward scanned images to our document register, or update the status of an object based on a client's reply to a system generated e-mail etc. "

Posted by Admin on 10-Mar-2013 13:08

Marking as answered, as this has now been added to our roadmap.

Posted by Admin on 11-Mar-2013 04:50

Can we see your roadmap anywhere?

When are you planning this function?

Posted by Admin on 02-Apr-2013 19:55

Any idea on an ETA of the feature of allowing incoming email back to a record?

Posted by Admin on 24-May-2013 06:05

We have already built such a functionality. We would like to do some improvements on this part. Is it wise to wait for the release of the import functionality or is this a long term decision regarding your roadmap. We are also interested in the roadmap for the upcoming months.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2013 16:10

Waiting for more info from Rollbase.....

This thread is closed