Master Zone Logging not Working in 4.08

Posted by Rollbase User on 13-Jun-2013 14:22

Something seems to have changed with the logging in 4.08 RollBase version. I am noticing now that we've been running our production systems on this binary for a week, the following behaviors: 1. The Master Zone log (main.log) is not logging anything like it used to. The last data in this log is from 6-01, but the server is currently under pretty heavy load. To give an example, it was not unusual to have 30,000 lines of logging per day, now we have 0. 2. Seeing similar behavior in some of the other Master Zone logs - connections.log, events.log, load.log - there should be some information in these logs from the last few days, and yet the last entries are from 5-31.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2013 09:41

Let me have a look at this to see if I can reproduce the issue on my own installation.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2013 11:16

main.log on Master Zone only should log errors and essential events which happened on Master Zone. Current behavior is correct.

Previous release generated too much log records and that has been altered to improve performance.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2013 11:54

OK. I guess my main concern is we made heavy use of "Log.log" in our integration code, and that used to go into the Master zone main.log. How can I log custom messages in our custom integration code?

This thread is closed