View employee list on portal

Posted by Rollbase User on 19-Jul-2012 13:56

If employees has created there new account and the manager want to view and edit all the employees information. Is it possible to view all employee list on the portal?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Jul-2012 16:55

Hi,

Yes it is. Create a portal page possibly of the Generic type and add a List View of the Employees object.

Thanks,

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 20-Jul-2012 09:50

Thanks Martin! Marking this as answered

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2013 07:55

Is it possible to include list view inside html format in portal pages.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2013 14:11

Hi Daisy,

Inside html format? what do you mean by this?

Do you mean to customize/create your own list view?

If so, you could look into using the LOOP begin and end tokens available for objects and their related records. (documentation)

If not, you could simply use the standard list view component available on most of the portal pages (excluding create and edit pages to name a few).

It would be better if you could give us more info on the requirement so we may give out a more apt reply.

Hope this helps,

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2013 22:39

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

Actually, I created a portal page for list of personnel in portal page layout (generic) by using drag and drop into page editor. But, the problem is I try to apply CSS for personnel list view. When I try to use HTML Template, i can't locate the personnel object to get the loop begin and loop end.

You mean, its better to customized personnel list view in order to apply CSS in HTML Template..

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2013 22:49

Hi Daisy,

For me it would be better to simply override the CSS of the standard one (less work, has pagination, links, column configurable)

If you need to say, edit the look & feel of certain aspects of the list view, I would assume that you'll need to add a script component and a

tag and possible override some classes like tr.objectListHeader th, I think you'll be able to locate this on the documentation appendix or simply inspect element the specific items that you need to re-style.

Hope this helps

This thread is closed