Cloning feature do not work for "upload files" fie

Posted by Rollbase User on 29-Mar-2013 05:18

Hello, When you clone a record, the "upload files" fields are not cloned, they are not automatically filled up. Can you make this work ? Thank you very much. Regards, Matthieu

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Apr-2013 14:00

Hi Matthieu,

I have submitted this for our internal review, we'll get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 03-May-2013 06:40

Hello,

Just for information, there is the same problem using conversion maps and therefore using "Related Record" Workflow Actions.

Matthieu

Posted by Admin on 03-May-2013 11:02

Thanks I've updated the issue with this info

Matt

Posted by Admin on 14-May-2013 14:44

This will be fixed in 4.07 release.

Posted by Admin on 14-May-2013 15:04

Great ! Thank you very much.

Matthieu

Posted by Admin on 19-May-2013 14:24

Maybe it is more powerfull to create a button in combination with an object script and create a new record in this object script with the possiblity to 'clone' the file. If you use the clone feature you probably need some different field values and you have to do this manually. In the object script you can create new values automatically. In my case, I would like to have the possiblity to create a new file automatically and make changes to field values (for example increment document version number) by using a button called "create new document version"

Posted by Admin on 21-May-2013 05:38

Hello Freddy,

I got what you say but our needs are not the same as yours.

"Cloning record" and "conversion maps" are great functionalities for us. We just need they work with uploaded files.

Matthieu

Posted by Admin on 26-May-2013 23:31

This has been addressed in 4.07 released Sat May 25th.

Posted by Admin on 03-Jun-2013 12:10

Hello,

As it seems, this is now working when clicking the "Convert" button, as the records gets instantly created. All the fields are correctly mapped, including the files:

However, it doesn't work when having a workflow action "Create Related record" of a specific object:

In this case, we are redirected to the "New" page for this object. All the fields are being mapped except for the files. Those are not mapped. When clicking Save, the file isn't mapped there either:

This thread is closed