How can i improve querying performance in REST API

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-May-2013 23:15

Hi, I would just like to ask how can I improve performance of querying objects and also considering joining of objects? I found bridging from Rollbase to another language slower than just querying it inside the Rollbase application. Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-May-2013 11:23

I need to know more about your app in order to give any suggestions.

Posted by Admin on 27-May-2013 21:38

Thanks to your reply Sir Pavel.

Well, what I'm trying to do is by using the REST API feature of the system, I should be able to fetch data from our Accounting system(which includes numerous account codes, invoices, and journal vouchers). From there, I need them to be populated to tables in PHP language.

Posted by Admin on 28-May-2013 03:50

Also, I would just like to ask how can I be able to retrieve formula field values especially if this contains merely computations without even computing it again through REST API.

Posted by Admin on 28-May-2013 11:04

Formula fields are not stored in the database and cannot be retrieved through Query API. However you can use Expression fields instead.

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2013 02:33

what Expression or form field do you mean? should I query it again?

Also, please consider answering too my other questions:

1. Is md5 supported in reading password to login API, so that every user can use different session IDs?

2. how can I fetch formula field values in terms of better performance of querying using REST API? what field, in specific, should I be using in serving the same purpose of my computations in formula field?

- tried by using getDataObj API, and so far works.

3. how should I be joining objects in terms of better performance of querying using REST API?

4. how should be able to count number of rows of my query?

This thread is closed