Document template reports on a portal page??

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-May-2013 12:28

I have a Document Template report that I have on a generic portal page. The report generates but only has about 1/3ish of the data on it that it should. (Should be 414 records but only shows about 130 random records, though consistently the same records) Seems if it were permissions-based, I would not see any records? Things I have checked: Permissions on the object for portal visitor Permissions on the view that the report is looping through Permissions on the document template report. I changed the report to a view that looped through all records on the object (unfiltered view). Actually changed it to loop through several views. Re-indexed the data Removed the dynamic filter that was on the document template report (this filter had to be there or it showed all records regardless of the view loop's filter) Yes, it does work when logged into the backoffice. Any ideas?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 24-May-2013 13:03

Anyone?

Posted by Admin on 24-May-2013 13:43

Ok, figured out the issue myself:

On my GENERIC portal page, I have:

1) A detailed search element for a specific object

2) Document Template Report links

3) A list view for same specific object

Recently, I tested the Detailed Search element. You apply the filter, click on Search and it routes you to a detailed record listing page for that object. What I did not know, is that filter/search setting I selected would stay selected after multiple portal logins, logouts, page changes, etc. (it is actually highlighed in light grey so did not even seem selected).

The second thing I did not know is that this filter/search would affect ALL my actions for that object - like generating a document template report (which has it's own filters already). EVEN REPORTS LIVING ON DIFFERENT PORTAL PAGES!

Morale - Clear your detailed search elements (even weeks after using they can affect you)

This thread is closed